Since Ugg boots have become a sort of a fashion icon, it’s no wonder there are a great many companies which are taking advantage of the brand’s popularity and producing counterfeit ones. Most people would love to buy a pair of Uggs but are often cheated into buying those which are only a cheap imitation.
In order to avoid being saddled with pair of fake Uggs, make sure to keep the following things in mind.
Beware of Stores Which Offer a Big Discount
Since Uggs are made from real sheep skin they aren’t really cheap. The original Uggs are made with care and precision and the workmanship actually sets them apart from cheap imitations. If you find a deal which is hard to believe, trust your instinct and run in the other direction.
Being fooled is easy and especially if you are buying from an online store. When you buy online you can’t see it for yourself and you have to buy whatever the retailer has put on display.
- Most of the time the retailer might put up a picture of an original Ugg boot, however you could be sent a cheap knock-off.
- In the case you decide to buy Ugg boots online, make sure you buy from an authorized dealer.
- Beware of shady retailers who offer whopping discounts.
Major Differences to Look Out For in Ugg Boots
- Real Ugg boots are made from sheepskin. If you have a pair of original Uggs in your hand you won’t be able to separate the fleece from the suede lining the shoe. If by any chance you can pull apart both it means that you are holding a knock off and not the real thing. Since the counterfeit shoes are made up of cow hide on the exterior with foam sandwiched in between the suede, it will easily come apart.
- Check out the stitching. If you take a closer look you can see the stitching quite visible on your pair of Ugg boots. If by any chance you spot irregular stitching you could easily spot a fake. When you buy Ugg boots online it’s hard to tell if they are original or not.
- Check out the sole. The original Ugg sole is thick but it’s pliable as well. A sole which is hard or inflexible points towards a counterfeit.
- Take a look at the shoebox. The shoebox for an original pair of Uggs has a reflective sticker. It’s a sticker of the company’s sun logo. When the sticker is angled at 90 degrees it will change color from black to white. If the logo on your shoebox doesn’t change color you could probably be holding a fake pair of Uggs.
- Some Uggs even have a label which is sewn in the interior of the left boot. The label again consists of the company’s logo which changes its color from black to white.
- However if the boots which you have bought do not have a label sewn in you should take a look at the outer sole of the left shoe. It should have a reflective sticker placed in there.
When buying Ugg boots make sure you check for these above mentioned signs to avoid being sold counterfeit Uggs.